Class-leading cyber security solutions
What is cyber security and why do I need it?
For your business to thrive one of the things it needs is a cyber security plan that’ll protect your computer network and data. Your plan can be simple as long as it’s solid. But what should it involve and what do you need to think about?
Cyber security basics
- Cyber security involves protecting your applications, your information and your computer systems, making sure you have a recovery plan in place, and educating your team on how to use the security software.
- Backup to a secure location every day, preferably off-site and online, so that you’ll have access to an unaffected copy of your data wherever you are.
- Install updates to your apps and software as soon as they’re available to eliminate weaknesses that app and software developers pick up.
- Encourage a culture of safe browsing by setting rules for email, Internet and memory card use, and password make sure everyone uses strong passwords.
- Protect your systems from malware by installing antivirus and firewall software, and enabling port filtering on your router.
- Put a recovery plan in place so that your business will never need to stop while you sort out a disruption.
Cyber security involves protecting your applications, your information and your computer systems, making sure you have a recovery plan in place, and educating your team on how to use the security software.
“Small to mid-sized businesses aren’t usually targeted by hackers.” All users connected to the Internet are at risk.
“Cyber security threats only come from outside the business.” Internal threats are equally possible and more difficult to detect.
“Cyber security only involves the IT department.” All employees play a role in cyber security.
“When using a wifi password, your devices are secure.”
While working in public places you need a VPN to be more secure.
“It’s easy to tell if your computer’s been hacked.”
Modern-day malware can lie undetected while it carries out its malicious work.
“Only high-profile companies are at risk of cyber crime.” Any business that holds personal and financial information is of interest to cyber criminals.